No qualms about quantum theory
Prof. Dr. Berge Englert (National University of Singapore)
Quantum theory is a well-defined local theory with a clear interpretation. No ‘‘measurement problem’’ or any other foundational matters are waiting to be settled. The answers to questions such as
- What is a physical theory?
- What are the preexisting concepts in quantum theory?
- Probabilities for what?
- What is state reduction? Do wave functions collapse?
- Is there instant action at a distant?
- Is quantum theory nonlocal?
- Where is Heisenberg’s cut?
- How many interpretations do we need?
- Is there a measurement problem?
demonstrate the case.
Student event: Meet the speaker
We invite you to a student-only discussion-round with Prof. Dr. Berge Englert before his Munich Physics Colloquium talk.
Be curious and feel free to ask any question.
Monday, 30 May 2016, 16:00 h
Room H537 (top floor), Fakultät für Physik der LMU, Schellingstraße 4, München