Workshop: Schulten's Spring Workshop "Computational Methods in Biophysics" – Overview
Special workshop on Computational Methods in Biophysics by two outstanding experts in the field.
Highly recommended to students who are interested in biophysics especially to those with interest in GPU computing.
Here you find the program for the workshop.
Organization of the workshop:
- The workshop takes place in room A348/349 from Tuesday, March 25 to Friday, March 28. The workshop starts at 9 am (sharp) in the morning.
- There will be lectures in the morning from 9 am on (approximately 3-4 hours) and hands-on computer tutorials and/or individual research projects (approximately 4 hours) in the afternoon. Please bring your most powerful laptop to the workshop.
- If you want to participate in the workshop, please send an email with the subject "Registration Computational Methods in Biophysics" to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also denote your name in the body text.
- Students can earn 3 ECTS points for this workshop by writing a short essay (~ 5 pages) about one project that they have worked on.
- Introduction to MD simulations with applications to proteins, RNA, and DNA using NAMD software
- Visualization and analysis with VMD
- Cell simulations with Lattice Microbes
- Other practical topics like developing force field parameters and free energy calculations.
- VMD and NAMD are required, as are a text editor and a plotting program.
- Further and more detailed information on the software requirements can be found here.