Lecture: Theoretical Biophysics – Overview
- An opportunity to look into the exams will be given on october 2nd, 10-11am in Room 338.
- Exam results
- The exam takes place on Monday, 21.07.2014, 9:00 - 13:00 in A348/349.
Organization of the lecture:
- The exam takes place on Monday, 21.07.2014, 9:00 - 13:00 in A348/349
- If not stated otherwise, the lecture takes place on
- Wednesday, 10:15 - 12:00,
- Friday, 14:00 - 16:00
in room A348/349, Theresienstr. 37
- Credits: 4 SWS lecture + 2 SWS exercise class, 9 ECTS
- Office hours: (to come)
Topics from Biophysics
- Gene regulation
- Population dynamics
- Molecular motors
- Growth of bacterial colonies
- Prerequisites: No previous knowledge in biology is assumed. All biological background will be presented in the lecture.
- Stochastic processes
- Nonlinear dynamics and pattern formation
- Prerequisites: Statistical Mechanics (T4) is highly recommended
18.12.2017 - 18.12.2017
Sommerfeld Theory Colloquium
Once Upon a Time in Kamchatka: The Extraordinary Search for Natural Quasicrystals