Optoelectronics II – Overview
About the lecture
Time and placeWed 8:15-9:00: Theresienstr. 37 room B046
Thu 8:15-9:45: Theresienstr. 37 room A249
Final results are now online
Final grades can be downloaded here.
To obtain the Schein, please fill the standard Schein out completely and also an evaluation form of the lecture/tutorials. Bring both documents together to the office L208. The Schein will then be filled out within one week.
- Semiconductor basics
- Charge carrier transport and scattering
- Optical properties of semiconductors
- Excitons and field effects
- Semiconductor interfaces
- Optoelectronic devices
- Light-emitting diodes (LEDs)
- Solar cells
- Modulators, switches and amplifiers
- Optical fibers
- Optical data communication
In addition topics of current research will be covered.
1. J. Singh, Semiconductor optoelectronics: physics and technology. McGraw-Hill, 1995.
2. S. O. Kasap, Optoelectronics & Photonics: Principles & Practices: International Edition. Pearson Higher Ed, 2013.
Optoelectronics II - Team
Lecture: Dr. Alexander Urban
Exercises: Dr. Alexander Urban
Tutors: Bernhard Bohn, Alexander Richter
Verantwortlich für den Inhalt: Dr. Alexander S. Urban