Biophysics of Macromolecules – Overview
UPDATE: The final grades are online - see "Final exam results and solutions" below!
Prof. Dr. Ralf Jungmann firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Dr. Jan Lipfert email@example.com
Time and place:
- Tuesdays 10:15 - 12:00 (Kleiner Physik-Hörsaal, N020)
- Thursdays 12:15 - 14:00 (Kleiner Physik-Hörsaal, N020)
Biophysics TED talks:
Bonus points from TED talks and problems sets:
- List with bonus points [PDF, with password]
- The second column "Bonus PS + Vorechnen" has the combined bonus points from the problems sets and from doing problems in class.
- For the problem sets, the bonus was as follows (out of 34 total): < 10 => 0 bonus points; 25 or more => 10 points; between 10 and 25 => between 0 and 10 bonus points, linearly mapped.
- One bonus point for each problem done on the board in class.
- Up to 10 bonus points for the TED talks. If you have send me your talk, you should have received feedback by email.
- All bonus points will be added to the final exam score to determine the final grade.
Monday, July 31, 2017, 10:00 - 12:00 (Kleiner Physik-Hörsaal, N020)
For the final, please bring
- A picture ID
- A calculator (can be a graphic calculator, but no smart phone or computer)
- One A4 sheet, front and back, with notes, formulae, etc. ("Spickzettel")
Final exam results and solutions:
- Final exam results [PDF] (Grade = 7.0 means "did not take the final exam")
- "Scheine" will be available for pick up from September 11, 2017 on in Sylvia Kreuzer's office, LS Gaub, Amalienstr. 54, first floor.
- Final exam [PDF]
- Solutions ("Musterlösung") to problems 1-5 [PDF]
- Additional plots for the solutions to problem 3 & 4 [PDF]
Credits: 4 SWS = 6 ECTS
- Phillips, Kondev and Theriot "Physical Biology of the Cell"
- Jonathon Howard "Mechanics of Motor Proteins and the Cytoskeleton"
- Sackmann and Merkel "Lehrbuch der Biophysik" (in German) [http://www.biophy.de/]
- Alberts et al. "Molecular Biology of the Cell"
- Nelson "Biological Physics"