Lecture on Ultracold Quantum Gases
Prof. Immanuel Bloch, Dr. Simon Fölling & Dr. Ulrich Schneider
The course gives an introduction into the field of ultracold quantum gases. The lectures are combined with a weekly journal club, where we discuss original publications related to the course. Additional problem sets supplement the course.
Time and place
- Monday, 10:00 - 12:00 c.t., Schellingstrasse 4, room H107
- Wednesday, 10:00 - 12:00 c.t., Schellingstrasse 4, room H107
- Start date: Monday, October 17
- Wednesday 4 pm, Schellingstrasse 4, Room H107
- Thursday 4 pm, Schellingstrasse 4, Room H107
- Start date: second semester week
- Wednesday 11:00-12:00 c.t., Schellingstrasse 4, Room H107
- Start date: Wednesday, October 26
The course is offered as a "Wahlpflichtvorlesung" within the Physics Masters program of LMU or the corresponding "Diplom" program. Grading will be done through oral examinations at the end of the course.
An active participation in the tutorials and the Journal club is required to take the final examination.