Stochastic Processes in Physics and Biology – Overview
- Exam results
- An opportunity to look into the exams will be given on April 11th, 10:00-12:00am in Room A341.
Organization of the lecture:
- Sample solutions for the Trial Exam will be presented in the last
week of the semester during the lectures (February, 3rd, 10-12 and
February, 4th, 12-14).
- In the week from February, 1st-5th, there is the possibility to ask
questions during the regular tutorials. There will be no exercise
sheet for this week.
- Exam: Friday, 12.2.2016, 9:00 - 13:00, in room A348, Theresienstr. 37
- If not stated otherwise, the lecture takes place on
- Wednesday, 10:15 - 12:00,
- Thursday, 12:15 - 14:00
in room A348/349, Theresienstr. 37
- Credits: 4 SWS lecture + 2 SWS exercise class, 9 ECTS
- Office hours: (to come)
- Introduction: noise and fluctuations
- Brownian motion: Langevin equations
- Discrete stochastic processes: from molecular motors to gene regulation
- Pattern formation: self-assembly and self-organization