TVI/TMP-TC1: General Relativity – Overview
About the lecture
Time and placeMonday 14:00-16:00 and Wednesday 14:00-16:00, Theresienstr. 37 - A 348
This lecture studies the consequences of the principle of equivalence. The general theory of relativity is developed by seeking a unification of Newton gravity with the special theory of relativity.
Applications include gravitational waves, the Friedmann Universe and black holes.
Let us stress that this is a course on physical relativity, not a mere application of geometry.
- "Self-Interaction and Gauge Invariance", by S. Deser
- Collected papers of Albert Einstein
- "Über die Krümmung des Raumes", by A. Friedmann
- "Gravity: An Introduction to Einstein's General Relativity", by J. B. Hartle,
- "Gravitation", by C. W. Misner, K. S. Thorne and J. A. Wheeler,
- "General Relativity", by Robert M. Wald,
- "Gravitation and Cosmology: Principles and Applications of the General Theory of Relativity", by S. Weinberg
Verantwortlich für den Inhalt: Alexis Kassiteridis