TMP-TA3: Many-Body Physics – Übersicht
- The first lecture will be on Tue 16/04 at 8 am in room A449
- There will be no exercise class on Tue 16/04
- There will be theory class replacing the exercise class on Tue 23/04
- We have found a room for the second tutorial (see exercise tab)
- On Fri May 24th there will be an exercise class at the time of the theory class to compensate for the lost exercise class earlier that week. We will discuss then the exercise on frequency summations (Ex 5); ex 4 will be discussed then on 29/05 and 30/05.
- There will be six lectures on disordered systems by Dr. Oleg Yevtushenko, taking place on June 25 (Tue.), July 2 (Tue.), 5 (Fri.), 9 (Tue.), 12 (Fri.), 16 (Tue.) in all cases from 2.15pm till 4pm. Exercises continue as planned. The guest lecture on Fri, June 28 by Marin Bukov takes place at 8.15am.
Professor: L. Pollet
Phone: 089 / 2180-4593
- Tue 8.15 - 9.45 am, room A449
- Fri 8.15 - 9.45 am, room A449
Second quantization, Green function technique, superfluidity, superconductivity, electron gas, linear response, Kubo formula, Fermi liquid theory, numerical methods for strongly correlated systems
- A. L. Fetter and J. D. Walecka, Quantum Theory of Many-Particle Systems
- G. D. Mahan, Many Particle Physics (2nd ed.)
- A. Altland and B. Simons, Condensed Matter Field Theory
- J. W. Negele and H. Orland, Quantum Many-Particle Systems
- Landau-Lifshitz, Vol 9, Statistical Physics, part 2
Crediting of the course
The course will be credited when the exam at the end of the course is passed successfully. Details will be announced in due time.