TVI/TMP-TB3: Supersymmetry – Overview
About the lecture
Time and placeTuesdays 8:30 – 10:00 s.t.
Fridays 8:30 – 10:00 s.t.
Theresienstr. 37, A 348
The final exam has been corrected. See here.
- Supersymmetry in 0 dimensions: Grassmann variables, integration, path integral localisation
- Supersymmetry in 1 dimension: Supersymmetric quantum mechanics, Witten index
- Supersymmetry in 3+1 dimensions:
- minimal (N=1) SUSY
- SUSY multiplets
- SUSY Lagrangians and actions
- extended SUSY
- Seiberg-Witten theory
- SUSY Standard Model
There are two lectures and one tutorial per week. The place and time of the tutorial sessions as well as the problem sheets will be published here. Homework may be handed in and will be corrected, but not graded. The solutions to the problem sheets will be presented in the tutorials.
There are no regular office hours. Please make an appointment with Prof. Brunner via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preliminary lecture notes are linked below. Please note that there might be typos and inconsistencies. You will have to use your LMU login credentials to access this content. If you do not have any, please follow the instructions here.
The lecture notes were written last year. They are continuously being updated, and the point up to which the notes are up to date is marked. Any material below may be incomplete, irrelevant, or inconsistent with this year's lecture.
Lecture notes [updated 31/05/19]
- Kentaro Hori et. al. – Mirror Symmetry (PDF) [relevant to 0d and 1d SUSY, general aspects]
- J. Wess and J. Bagger – Supersymmetry and Supergravity [relevant to 3+1d SUSY]
Lecture notes and excerpts:
- Andreas Wipf – Introduction to Supersymmetry (PDF)
- various lecture notes by Philipp Argyres (Website)
- Pavel Etingof – Geometry and Quantum Field Theory, chapter 9 (Website, PDF) [relevant to formal aspects of superspace]
- Marc Hennaux and Claudio Teitelboim – Quantization of Gauge Systems, chapter 20.2 [relevant to formal aspects of superspace]
Verantwortlich für den Inhalt: Prof. Dr. Ilka Brunner, Jonathan Schulz