T_M1 / TV: Advanced Statistical Physics (Statistical Physics II) – Overview
Please sign up for the exam in the LSF (winter semester) from 23.07.2019 onwards. Deadline for signing up is 30.07.2019.
There will be a central tutorial on C++ on 05.06.2019.
Organization of the lecture:
- If not stated otherwise, the lecture takes place on
- Mo 10-12 c.t., Theresienstr. 39, Arnold Sommerfeld (B 052)
- Fr 10-12 c.t., Theresienstr. 39, Arnold Sommerfeld (B 052)
- Beginning: 26/04/2019
- End: 26/07/2019
- Central Tutorial (Zentralübung):
The central tutorial is scheduled for Wed 14 - 16 hours in room A 348.
Please note that important units of the lecture will be covered during this tutorial; please keep this time slot free in your weekly schedule
- Wed 14-16 c.t., Theresienstr. 37, A348
Registration for Exercise Classes: Please register via LSF. Registration is open now.
- Statistical Mechanics of Polymers
- Phase transitions and critical phenomena
- Ising model
- Monte Carlo simulation
- Ginsburg-landau theory
- Renormalization group theory
- Linear response theory