Biophysics of Macromolecules – Overview
Prof. Dr. Jan Lipfert
Email: Jan.Lipfert [at] lmu.de
Dr. Willem Vanderlinden
Email: Willem.Vanderlinden [at] physik.uni-muenchen.de
Lab website: [Link]
Final exam results
- Post exam-review ("Klausureinsicht", i.e. a chance to check your exam): Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 10:00-12:00, Amalienstrasse 54, 1st floor, 1st door on the left.
- Final exam [PDF]
- Solutions to the final exam [PDF]
- Results and grades [PDF]
- "PS Bonus" is your bonus from the problem sets (max 10), as explained below
- "Final" is your score from the final exam (max 100)
- "Total" is the score from the final exam + bonus from problem sets + bonus from the talk (max 120)
- "Grade" is the final grade
- Scores "-1" and Grade "7.0" mean that this person did not take the exam
|Points (total, incl. bonus)||Grade|
- Bonus points for the talks will be added to the exam score. You should have received an email with comments on your talk and your bonus score.
- Bonus points from the problem sets will be added to the final exam score.
- Maximum number of bonus points from the problems sets is 10.
- Total score possible from the 6 problem sets is 30.
- Score > 25 = 10 bonus points
- Score < 10 = 0 bonus points
- For 10 < score < 25, we use linear interpolation to determine the number of points
- The list with bonus points is included in the final exam results PDF.
Time and place:
- Tuesdays 10:15 - 12:00 (Kleiner Physik-Hörsaal, N020)
- Thursdays 12:15 - 14:00 (Kleiner Physik-Hörsaal, N020)
Biophysics "TED" talks
- Presentations will be in July 9 and July 16, 2019, during the regular class hours (10:15 - 12:00).
- PDF with the slides of the talks are available on the "lecture notes" under the corresponding date.
Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 10:00 - 12:00, Room B106 in the university main building (Geschw.-Scholl-Platz 1)
For the final, please bring
- A picture ID
- A calculator (can be a graphic calculator, but no smart phone or computer)
- One A4 sheet, front and back, with notes, formulae, etc. ("Spickzettel")
Credits: 4 SWS = 6 ECTS
- Phillips, Kondev and Theriot "Physical Biology of the Cell"
- Jonathon Howard "Mechanics of Motor Proteins and the Cytoskeleton"
- Sackmann and Merkel "Lehrbuch der Biophysik" (in German) [http://www.biophy.de/]
- Alberts et al. "Molecular Biology of the Cell"
- Nelson "Biological Physics"
The colourful past and dark side of galaxies unveiled through population-dynamics of their stars