Stochastic Processes in Physics and Biology – Overview
Final Grades more
- Introduction: noise and fluctuations
- Brownian motion: Langevin equations
- Discrete stochastic processes: from molecular motors to gene regulation
- Pattern formation: self-assembly and self-organization
4 hours/week, Wednesday, 14:00 (st) - 15:45, and Friday, 12:15 (st) - 14:00
Sommerfeld room 348/349, Theresienstr. 37, 3rd floor
- Tue 12 - 14: A 348
- Thu 10 - 12: A 249
- Fri 8- 10: A 348
- Fri 14 - 16: A 249
Final exercise group distribution is now available here.
If there are enough students interested, there will be a seminar on topics related to the lecture; please send me an email.
- C. Gardiner, Stochastic Methods: A Handbook for the Natural and Social Sciences
- There will be lecture notes.
Fr 14.00 - 16.00, or by appointment