T: Quantum Mechanics 2 – Overview
Fortgeschrittene Theoretische Physik
About the lecture
Time and placeMon, 10.00-12.00, Theresienstr 37, B052
Fr, 10.00-12.00, Theresienstr 37, B052
About the lecture
Time and place
Mon 10-12h, Theresienstr. 39, B052
Fri 10-12h, Theresienstr. 39, B052
- First lecture: Mon, Oct 14 2013
- Please note the change in time and location of the central exercise. See the exercise tab
- Please note the changes in time and location of the tutorials. See the exercise tab
- The mid-term exam will take place on Mon, Nov 25.
- The final exam will be on Wed, Feb 19, 2014, 8-12am. The rooms are B052, B005, B006. Further info will be announced in due time.
- The central exercise planned for Mon Dec 23 will take place on Fri Dec 20 during the lecture.
- The lecture on Mon Dec 23 has been replaced by the lecture on Mon Oct 21. There will thus be no QM2 acitivities on Mon Dec 23.
- The final results are known and are made available on the "exam" tab.
- The possibility to have a look at your exam ('Klausureinsicht') will take place on Thu April 10 from 6pm till 7pm in rooms A449/A450. Please forward this information to people who had not signed up for the exercises and who I cannot reach this way.
Professor: L. Pollet
Phone: 089 / 2180-4593
Advanced topics of quantum mechanics:
Foundations of quantum mechanics, theory of operators, advanced perturbation and scattering theory, symmetries, addition of angular momentum, many-particle systems, 2nd quantization, Dirac equation
- R. Shankar, Principles of Quantum Mechanics
- G. Baym, Lectures on Quantum Mechanics
- Sakurai, Modern Quantum Mechanics
- Cohen-Tannoudji, Diu, Laloe: Quantenmechanik
- Peres: Quantum Theory, Concepts and Methods
- Thirring: Lehrbuch der Mathematischen Physik: 3 Quantenmechanik
- Bransden & Joachain, Physics of Atoms and Molecules
- Altland & Simons, Condensed Matter Field Theory
- Reed & Simon: Methods of Modern Mathematical Physics
- Greiner: Quantenmechanik Symmetrien
Crediting of the course
The course will be credited when the written exam at the end of the course is passed successfully. Details will be announced in due time.
To receive a certificate of your lecture course, please fill out the template with your personal data and either give it to the examiner when taking your examination or submit the form to the secretary's office (Cordula Weber, Theresienstr. 37 (A) A408, office hours: Mondays to Thursdays from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm).
Verantwortlich für den Inhalt: Lode Pollet
Biophysical principles for chromosome organisation: biogenesis of nuclear bodies and 3D epigenetic dynamics