String Field Theory – Overview
About the lecture
Time and placeMonday, 14-16 (c.t.) in B101 (Theresienstr. 39)
Friday, 10-12 (c.t.) in A449 (Theresienstr. 37)
- worldvolume / spacetime descriptions
- introduction to string theory and CFT
- free string field theory
- off-shell amplitudes
- bosonic string field theory
- applications (analytic solutions, tachyon condensation, unitarity)
- superstring field theory
- quantum effects and renormalization
QFT (renormalization is useful but not necessary).
No pre-knowledge in string theory or CFT is required.
Lecture notes (containing additional details) will be made available.
A selected set of standard references are:
- Closed Superstring Field Theory and its Applications – De Lacroix, Erbin, Kashyap, Sen, Verma (1703.06410)
- D-Branes, Tachyons, and String Field Theory – Taylor, Zwiebach (hep-th/0311017)
- Tachyon Dynamics in Open String Theory – Sen (hep-th/0410103)
- A Review on Tachyon Condensation in Open String Field Theories – Ohmori (hep-th/0102085)
- Closed String Field Theory: Quantum Action and the BV Master Equation – Zwiebach (hep-th/9206084)
- Introduction to string field theory – Siegel (hep-th/0107094)
- String field theory – Thorn
- Introduction to Superstrings and M-Theory – Kaku (book)
- A First Course in String Theory – Zwiebach (book)
Note: All of these references focus on specific aspects and assume a solid knowledge of string theory and/or CFT.
Verantwortlich für den Inhalt: Harold Erbin