TVI/TMP-TC1: General Relativity – Overview
About the lecture
Time and placeMonday 10:00-12:00 and Wednesday 10:00-12:00, Theresienstr. 37 - A 348
On Wednesday, 13.11.2019, there will be the central tutorial for problem sheet 3 instead of the regular lecture.
On Thursday, 14.11.2019, there will be no central tutorial!
This lecture studies the consequences of the principle of equivalence. The general theory of relativity is developed by seeking a unification of Newton gravity with the special theory of relativity.
Let us stress that this is a course on physical relativity, not a mere application of geometry.
Applications include gravitational waves, the Friedmann Universe and black holes.
- "Self-Interaction and Gauge Invariance", by S. Deser
- Collected papers of Albert Einstein
- "Über die Krümmung des Raumes", by A. Friedmann
- "Gravity: An Introduction to Einstein's General Relativity", by J. B. Hartle,
- "Gravitation", by C. W. Misner, K. S. Thorne and J. A. Wheeler,
- "General Relativity", by Robert M. Wald,
- "Gravitation and Cosmology: Principles and Applications of the General Theory of Relativity", by S. Weinberg
Verantwortlich für den Inhalt: Maximilian Kögler
Münchner Physik Kolloquium
Advanced methods in x-ray imaging - from x-ray physics to biomedical applications