TB1: Quantum Field Theory (Quantum Electrodynamics) – Overview
About the lecture
Time and placeThursday 14:00 - 18:00, via ZOOM.
Note: Due to the current Coronavirus Crisis the lecture and tutorials will be held online, until further notice.
This is an introductory course on Quantum Field Theory.
Program of the Course
- Principles of classical field theory (e.g. Noether theorem, conserved currents and charges)
- Canonical quantization of scalar, fermionic and gauge fields
- S-Matrix formalism and Feynman diagrams
- Quantum Electrodynamics (QED)
- Mandl & Shaw: Quantum Field Theory (Will provide the structure of the course)
- Peskin & Schroeder: An Introduction to Quantum Field Theory
- Itzykson & Zuber: Quantum Field Theory
- Rubakov: Classical Theory of Gauge Fields
- Maggiore: A Modern Introduction to Quantum Field Theory