T_M1 / TV: Advanced Statistical Physics (Statistical Physics II) – News
A catch-up exam (Nachholklausur) will take place on September 27 at 13:00.
This is not a normal exam, and it is open exclusively to those who previously arranged it with Prof. Frey. Students who failed the exam or want to improve their grade will not be admitted.
If you have made an arrangement with Prof. Frey, please also REGISTER for the catch-up exam by sending an e-mail to Prof. Frey, so that we can make sure that you haven't changed your mind and still want to participate in the catch-up exam.
- The exam grades have been announced by e-mail on August 8. If you did not receive an e-mail, please contact Matthias Rank
- The exam viewing (Klausureinsicht) will take place on September 16 at 11:00 am in room A338.
- The final exam will take place on Friday, 26 July 2013 from 12:00 to 16:00 in B138 (the room number was previously stated wrong here).
- Usage of any material aside from a pen is not allowed, in particular please do NOT bring a collection/sheet of formulae or a calculator.
- Please bring an ID card (with a photo).
- Only due to exceptionally good reasons you may be able to take part in the Nachholklausur (catch-up exam). If you fall ill, you have to provide a certificate of your physician. In any other case, contact Prof. Frey in advance of the exam. Failing at the exam will not enable you to take part at the catch-up exam.
- Good luck for the final exam. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask any of your tutors, especially Philipp Lang, Matthias Lechner, Matthias Rank, and Karl Wienand (in alphabetic order). For contact details, see our website.
Test Exam on Friday
On Friday, we will publish a test exam. While it does not account for the bonus, and you are not supposed to hand in your solutions, we thoroughly encourage you to solve the test exam. The master solution will be presented on the last day of the semester, Friday 19 July from 14-16 o'clock in B139.
No lecture on July 12
There will be no lecture on Friday, July 12th.
Special Session on June 24
There will be no lecture on Monday, 24 June. Instead, we will hold a tutorial session about tensor calculus at the time of the lecture. As a test to yourself, and as a good preparation for Monday, please find a small collection of exercises here. You will profit most from the tutorial session if you have a look at the problems BEFORE the session although they are not compulsory and solutions will be presented during the tutorial session. Note that there is ALSO the regular problem set which is due Friday 28 June.
No lecture on May 27
There will be no lecture on Monday, May 27th.
No lecture on May 6
On May 6, there will be no lecture.
Lecture on May 24
The lecture on May 24 will start at 10:00 and end at 11:30.
The exercise groups have been assigned
The registration for exercise groups has ended. Please find your group from this list.
Public holiday on May 1
Due to the public holiday, the exercise groups on 1 May have to be cancelled. Please go to any other group in this week.
Note that there will be no central exercise. Please register for an exercise group instead.
Start of exercise groups
The exercise groups will start in the week of 29 April.
The registration for exercise groups is now available from the "Exercises" tab.