TMP-TA3: Many-Body-Physics – Übersicht
- The first lecture will be on Tue 8/04 at 8.15 am in room A449
- The exercises in the second week do not take place; instead there is an additional theory lecture on Mon 14/4 at 2.15pm
Professor: L. Pollet
Phone: 089 / 2180-4593
- Tue 8.15 - 9.45 am, room A449
- Fri 8.15 - 9.45 am, room A449
Second quantization, Green function technique, superfluidity, superconductivity, electron gas, linear response, Kubo formula, Fermi liquid theory, numerical methods for strongly correlated systems
- A. L. Fetter and J. D. Walecka, Quantum Theory of Many-Particle Systems
- G. D. Mahan, Many Particle Physics (2nd ed.)
- A. Altland and B. Simons, Condensed Matter Field Theory
- J. W. Negele and H. Orland, Quantum Many-Particle Systems
- Landau-Lifshitz, Vol 9, Statistical Physics, part 2
Crediting of the course
The course will be credited when the exam at the end of the course is passed successfully. Details will be announced in due time.
To receive a certificate of your lecture course, please fill out the template with your personal data and either give it to the examiner when taking your examination or submit the form to the secretary's office (Cordula Weber, Theresienstr. 37 (A) A408, office hours: Mondays to Thursdays from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm).