Stochastic Processes in Physics and Biology – Overview
The final exam will take place on Monday, February 18 2013, 10:00-14:00 in A348.
- please bring an ID card with picture to the final exam
- you may only bring pens and a Bronstein as auxiliary materials
- you must not write with pencils, because they can be erased
- Introduction: noise and fluctuations
- Brownian motion: Langevin equations
- Discrete stochastic processes: from molecular motors to gene regulation
- Pattern formation: self-assembly and self-organization
4 hours/week, Sommerfeld room A348/349, Theresienstr. 37, 3rd floor
- Monday, 14:15 - 16:00
- Wednesday, 14:15 - 16:00
If there are enough students interested, there will be a seminar on topics related to the lecture; please send me an email.
- C. Gardiner, Stochastic Methods: A Handbook for the Natural and Social Sciences
- There will be lecture notes.
Either after the Monday lecture or by appointment.