Stochastic Processes in Physics and Biology – Overview
An opportunity to look into the exams will be given on April 13th, 11:00-13:00
in Room A338.
Organization of the lecture:
- The test exam will be discussed in an extra exercise class on Wednesday, February 4th, from 10-12am in A348. Note that the solutions for the test exam will not be uploaded, and that the test exam will not be graded.
The test exam is supposed to give you an idea on how the actual exam will be structured and what typical problems look like. Please keep in mind that the problems in the test exam are just some selection; the actual exam can contain different topics from the subject matter that was discussed in the lecture or the exercise sheets. Also note that the actual exam will be shorter.
The final exam takes place on the 6th of February from 10am to 1pm in A348. Please be there ahead of time!
Please bring both some official ID card (with picture) and your student card to the exam. Apart from that, you only need a (non-erasable!) pen. It is not allowed to bring any cheat sheet, book, calculator, etc.; cell phones must be switched off. If we find any of that in your reach during the exam, you will fail. However, you can bring something to drink and snacks, as long as their consumption does not disturb (either by noise or smell) your fellow examinees :)
How many points in the exam and exercises will give you which grade will be decided after the correction.
- The exam will be held on Friday, February 06, 2015 at 10:00 a. m. in A348
- There will be no lecture on Tuesday, 23.12.2014
- Exercise classes start in the week, 27.10. - 31.10.2014
- On Friday, 24.10.2014, the lecture will be held in B139, Theresienstr. 39
- If not stated otherwise, the lecture takes place on
- Tuesday, 16:15 - 18:00,
- Friday, 12:15 - 14:00
in room A348/349, Theresienstr. 37
- Credits: 4 SWS lecture + 2 SWS exercise class, 9 ECTS
- Office hours: (to come)
- Introduction: noise and fluctuations
- Brownian motion: Langevin equations
- Discrete stochastic processes: from molecular motors to gene regulation
- Pattern formation: self-assembly and self-organization
22.01.2018 - 22.01.2018
Ein Überblick über das Projekt HD(CP)² – High definition clouds and precipitation