TVI/TMP-TA4: Condensed Matter Field Theory – Overview
- Lectures: Monday 14:15 - 15:45 in room A348, Tuesday 12:15 - 13:45 in room B139
- Tutorials: Tuesday 16:15 - 17:45 in room A450
Quantum Mechanics I & II, Statistical Physics, Solid State Theory, Many-Body Physics (e.g. TMP-TA3).
This course is a successor of the many-body physics course (CM-QMB-FT 1) offered in the summer term.
If you didn't have some of these courses you still can attend our course provided you are ready for self-study of missing knowledge.
1. Path integrals in quantum mechanics and non-perturbative solutions.
2. Many particle systems: From path integrals to functional integrals.
3. Low-dimensional interacting systems and quantum liquids.
4. Non-equilibrium field theory.
5. Disordered systems.
6. Renormalization group methods.
We will discuss them during the first lectures.