EM1: Advanced Solid State Physics – Overview
About the lecture
Time and placeWednesday 10:00-12:00 c.t.
Thursday 10:00-12:00 c.t.
Students have to register for the lecture and tutorials at LSF until 29th of October 2020.
The following topics of advanced solid state physics will be covered
- Drude and Sommerfeld models
- Particles in a periodic potential
- Semiconductors, insulators, and bandstructure engineering
- Quantization of motion in magnetic fields
- Elementary transport theory
- The Hall effect and magnetoresistance
- Classical propagation of light through solids
- Introduction to nonlinear optics
- Excitons and luminescence
- Quantum confinement and 2D materials
- Basics of magnetism in condensed matter
In addition, topics of current research will be discussed.
Organization: Prof. Dr. Leonardo Menezes, email@example.com
Verantwortlich für den Inhalt: Ludwig Hüttenhofer